Saturday, December 25, 2010

The best gifts of all

For the second post in a row I'm adding a picture of large feet.  But these feet are human and belong to one of my spawn.  (He uses that term himself.)  He is one of the very best gifts I got today.  He just got himself a job (finally!) and I love having him home to visit.  He also gives the most awesome hugs. It's like being hugged by a huge, friendly bear.

Last night I received a rather rare gift.  My eldest son came over and brought his partner. (They were careful not to touch so they wouldn't freak anyone out, though.)  Not the most comfortable of visits, since I was the only one that talked to him, but it's a start.

I haven't felt the usual stress this year that always comes with a holiday.  I normally freak if the house isn't perfectly clean and the meal made from scratch.  Maybe it's the crazy work hours that make me tired as hell, but I just don't give a shit about all that stuff.  And guess what?  No one else does either! (If they do they're not saying anything.)  And frozen pies are pretty darn good.  Especially with whipped cream from a can.  And my eldest taught me to make the BEST cranberry sauce ever.  AND it's easy.  I will never eat the canned crap again.

My girls have been sweet and actually helpful!  College has done my older daughter a world of good.  She actually has learned to do dished and cook a bit.  It's a miracle! 

All in all, a great Christmas.  The presents were sparse but that's okay.  Because the best things in life are hard to wrap.  

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a lovely holiday, JZ! It's amazing how much more enjoyable mine have been since I figured out the stuff I used to think was important isn't so important. Sounds like you have great kids!

    ReplyDelete