Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Goooooooooal! And other types of makeovers

Today I reached the 20 pound weight loss goal I set for this round of HCG!  I haven't deviated or cheated on the program (though yesterday I didn't eat my veggies).  I'm not where I want to be but I'm much closer than I was.  It's reminded me that I can do just about anything when I set my mind to it. 

Last night I got the opportunity to get a free Tshirt.  Oh, and to help on the Extreme Makeover home they are building nearby.  The store I work at was asked to provide some people to help move in the furnishings and accessories that had been purchased there.  We were registered and shirted and herded into a "holding" pen where we had plenty of cold drinks and food. (I passed on the food but it wasn't easy.  They had the best looking gourmet ice cream sandwiches I've seen in my life. Literally lust inducing.) The 3 1/2 hours I was there I did maybe 20 minutes worth of work.  Some did more waiting and less work than I did.  But it was interesting and fun and something I will probably never get to experiece again.  And no, Ty Pennington was not there. In fact, I didn't see any familiar faces from the show.  But watching the swarms of blue-shirted workers scurrying around and actually getting things done was the real part of the show.  The rest is just TV.   All in all, an awesome experience.  Can't wait to see the show!

1 comment: