Thursday, September 15, 2011

If Voldemort had won...

The past few days my brain has been in a whirl trying to figure out a situation and getting nowhere.  I wasn't going to blog about it but maybe it will help me distill it down to something manageable. So here goes.

The dementor has turned into Voldemort and I no longer need a patronus, I need a fucking Harry Potter to defeat him her. Forget all the mumbo jumbo of doctors, therapists, Medicaid, Medicare and private insurance. What it comes down to is this: Why would any daughter want to put her mother in a level 2 nursing facility (with hospice care!) over living with a daughter who WANTS her and can financially and physically care for her far better than any facility?  The therapists agree living with family is doable and preferable to living in a facility. It seems like a cut-and-dried case. But not if you're Voldemort.

Voldmort is fighting this tooth and nail.  And since Voldemort has financial power of attorney, she can do whatever the hell she wants and no one can stop her. She has control issues and always has. It is why I cut her out of my life for so many years.  But to sacrifice the quality of your mother's life just because you can't and won't give up control is sick in so many ways. But she'll be sitting pretty in the celestial kingdom because she pays tithing, goes to the temple and projects a facade of pious humility and love.

I need a really big drink now. Damn you to the hell you deserve, Voldemort.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry. I have no advice. I'm just sorry your mother has to pay the price and there's not much you can do. Can you contact elder protective services for help?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandi, we gave up the fight last night. In less than two weeks my mom will be moved to the care center to die. Bitter doesn't even cover what I'm feeling. The only consolation is that I will never spend eternity in the ck with that bitch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's horrible. I don't like her.

    ReplyDelete